Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Confession Of A New Mommy 2

One time when Kaitlyn was a about a year and a half old, I forgot to feed her dinner once. I had been at Miranda's all day watching Maleah. Kaitlyn fell asleep in the car on the way home, and was still sleeping when we got home. We went inside, I laid Kaitlyn down in the pack-n-play and got started on dinner.Kevin and I ate dinner, then we cleaned up......Kaitlyn was still napping. After dinner on nice days we would take a nice walk, so Kaitlyn woke up and we got ready for our walk. When we got home I gave Kaitlyn a bath, read her a story, gave her a cup of milk, and then it was off to bed. Kaitlyn was unusually fussy, and I couldn't get her to sleep no matter what I tried. Then I finally realized the poor kid was starving, because I forgot to feed her dinner after she woke up from her nap. I felt like such a bad Mommy for the longest time after that, and I have never forgotten to feed her again.

2 comments:

  1. That's the good thing about kids getting older... She can tell you she's hungry now... and exactly what she wants! :)

    ReplyDelete